About Ed George
Ed George is leadership/life coach who provides organizations and people the tools necessary to achieve their goals. He frequently assists companies and business leaders in high-pressure industries such as ministry, health care, law, marketing, and other fields. George helps clients identify where they want to be, create a roadmap and stay on course to reach their targeted outcomes. His unique approach is a blend of evidence-based neuroscience, Christian spirituality and real world experience. George developed his style during his career as a minister, educator, author and life coach.
He began working in ministry in 1980, and has helped numerous churches, Christian businesses, organizations and leaders become high performing. Additionally, he held leadership positions in one of the largest health systems in North Texas. George served as a senior chaplain at Texas Health Resources and provided oversight to seven hospitals. He served as an elder in full connection with the Central Texas Conference of The United Methodist Church, and was on staff at White’s Chapel UMC in Southlake, TX, as associate pastor for strategic incorporation and training. He founded his own coaching firm in 2010. EDG Advantage Coaching, LLC provides coaching, consultation and workshop facilitation to pastors, Christian business leaders and organizations. Additionally, George is the lead facilitator of the Healthy Church Initiative for the Central Texas Conference of The United Methodist Church. The conference is a network of more than 300 churches. George provides resources and training to laity, pastors and denominational leaders.
George, an Associate Certified Coach (ACC), is a member of the International Coach Federation (ICF). George completed his core and advanced coach training at the Gardner Institute in Southlake, TX. He is a certified Gardner Institute Mindset for Success and Mindset of Christ coach. He holds a bachelor’s in Biblical Education from Lee University in Cleveland, TN, and a master’s in Old Testament from Columbia Theological Seminary in Decatur, GA. Additionally; he has studied master’s level course work at Texas Tech University in Lubbock, TX and doctorate work at Brite Divinity School in Fort Worth, TX. He received his board certification as a Clinical Pastoral Education Supervisor from the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education, Inc. in 1991.
George currently lives in Fort Worth, TX with his wife Glenda. He recently began learning guitar and enjoys spending time at the movies, reading and riding his Harley Tri-Glide.
First, you will have an experienced Pastor-Coach as your Personal Coach. All 30 of our Pastor-Coaches were coached and trained by one of our Ministry Advantage coaches and then recruited based on a rigorous set of standards and competencies. Most all of our coaches are still pastoring a successful church. Our coaching pool includes pastor-coaches experienced in leading churches of all sizes, backgrounds, and stages of development from church plants to mega churches over 10,000 in attendance.
CHARACTERISTICS OF A PERSONAL COACH
A knowledgeable, ministry-experienced coach will personally coach during weekly telephone/Skype coaching sessions. Your Personal Coach will take an active role in helping you develop and implement specific ministry processes tailored for your church.
During these regular coaching calls your coach will guide and encourage you to achieve your plans one step at a time. Your coach will also help keep you on track as you implement your plans and insure that you learn and apply each ministry strategy effectively before moving to the next step. The following is a check-list of what you can expect during this experience:
- Pastors experience weekly telephone coaching calls (45-60 minutes) with a qualified proven coach.
- Coaching sessions are designed to be highly interactive.
- Coaches utilize the MA Resource Modules to create specific and desired outcomes for each church.
- Each coaching session ends with an agreed upon assignment of the next step (Task) in the process that the pastor will be learning and implementing in his church.
- Pastors and coaches have the ability to communicate progress, questions, feedback, and solutions between sessions via the Internet.
Your coach will guide you in learning and implementing our unique 7Practices of Effective Churches with your staff, volunteer leaders, and your church. Our systems approach to coaching and church development contains practical training and specific steps to help you design and implement the breakthrough processes your church needs next.
CHARACTERISTICS OF OUR COACHING RESOURCES:
- Modular in design which makes it easy to “cherry pick” needed systems
- Internet accessible modules
- Coaching Videos
- Library of “best practices”
- Written content is bite-sized to enhance quick learning
- Specific Tasks and Templates for easy application of each practice/skill
- Transferable methods and systems
- Resources for staff & volunteer development
FOR MORE DETAIL ON OUR COACHING RESOURCES
See “7 Practices” in the side bar on this page. You can click on each title, for example, “Strategic Planning & Implementation” and read an overview of the coaching objectives in that module.
And finally, you will have the opportunity to participate in advanced Workshops and Seminars.
- Advanced Training
- Interactive Team Building/Development
- Assessments and Evaluations
Other available Worshops and Resources:
- Building Powerful Ministry Teams
- Personal DISCernment Inventory
- Mastering the Art of Communication
- High Performance Meetings
- Managing Conflict
- Leading From Your Strengths
- Marriage Insights
- Different by Design Marriage Conference
- Developing & Managing People
- Capital Campaigns
These practical application environments will help you refine and strengthen your skills and execute your strategies.
CHARACTERISTICS OF MINISTRY ADVANTAGE WORKSHOPS, WEBINARS, ONLINE LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
- Bi-annual Workshop opportunities
- Cutting-edge Webinars with nationally known church leaders
- Interactive conference calls
- Interactive online learning experiences with your coach using our Online Training Center
- Question & Answer formats
- Networking & Benchmarking opportunities with other pastors/churches
- Developing valuable relationships with likeminded pastors
Ministry Advantage Coaching provides a proven experience combining three powerful components that together help pastors develop an advanced skill set. This application oriented coaching is vital to a pastor who desires to take his leadership skills and his Church to the next level of effectiveness.