About Dr. Natalie P. Alford
In 1988, Dr. Natalie P. Alford accepted her call and licensed into Christian Ministry in the African Methodist Episcopal Church. She was ordained an Itinerant Deacon in 1991 and ordained an Itinerant Elder in 1992. She has served as the Senior Pastor-Teacher for five churches, where she led congregations and communities in the development of initiatives that impact Christian education, youth empowerment, cultural awareness, and ecumenical outreach.
She continues to hold leadership positions in the Historic First Episcopal District of the African Methodist Episcopal Church, a network of more than 300 churches. Her coaching and workshop facilitation for clergy, churches and businesses has helped numerous churches, educational organizations, and leaders become high performers.
She is the Chair, Chaplains Council for the Historic Eastern Region of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated providing chaplaincy leadership to 126 active undergraduate and alumnae chapters in the USA and three international chapters in England, Germany, and the U.S. Virgin Islands (St. Croix and St. Thomas).
She earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Management Sciences from Rutgers University in Newark, NJ; Master of Divinity degree in Ethics and Pastoral Counseling from Harvard University, The Divinity School in Cambridge, MA; and Doctor of Education degree in Counseling and Human Development from the University of Rochester in Rochester, NY.
She has held senior level positions including Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in the corporate arena for both profit and not-for-profit companies.
Dr. Alford is a Certified Ministry Advantage Coach, who provides organizations and people with the accoutrements necessary to achieve their goals. She blends Christian spirituality and life experiences. She is a strategic planner, researcher, and team builder. She is a bold visionary leader in her public policy work, serving as a founding member of the Buffalo, NY Affiliate of National Black Leadership Commission on AIDS, Inc., and the Delaware MOT NAACP Branch. In 2014 she became a charter member of the Middletown (DE) Alumnae Chapter, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated.
Dr. Alford is an anointed vessel, prophetic preacher, uniquely marrying the biblical and contemporary, and has preached in distinguished pulpits throughout the United States, and South Africa, and Bermuda. She embraces a transformative ministry model, which uplifts the ethical standards of the human community that empowers people to embrace their plan and purpose given them by God. She is the founder of Sister-2-Sister Ministry, a ministry for and by women, and ALFORD AFFIRMATIONS: Ministries for Hope and Healing that promotes wholeness in mind, body and spirit. She is a co-convener and founding member of High Heels Seeking Higher Ground, a women’s retreat ministry that encourages Christian women in their walk with God.
First, you will have an experienced Pastor-Coach as your Personal Coach. All 30 of our Pastor-Coaches were coached and trained by one of our Ministry Advantage coaches and then recruited based on a rigorous set of standards and competencies. Most all of our coaches are still pastoring a successful church. Our coaching pool includes pastor-coaches experienced in leading churches of all sizes, backgrounds, and stages of development from church plants to mega churches over 10,000 in attendance.
CHARACTERISTICS OF A PERSONAL COACH
A knowledgeable, ministry-experienced coach will personally coach during weekly telephone/Skype coaching sessions. Your Personal Coach will take an active role in helping you develop and implement specific ministry processes tailored for your church.
During these regular coaching calls your coach will guide and encourage you to achieve your plans one step at a time. Your coach will also help keep you on track as you implement your plans and insure that you learn and apply each ministry strategy effectively before moving to the next step. The following is a check-list of what you can expect during this experience:
- Pastors experience weekly telephone coaching calls (45-60 minutes) with a qualified proven coach.
- Coaching sessions are designed to be highly interactive.
- Coaches utilize the MA Resource Modules to create specific and desired outcomes for each church.
- Each coaching session ends with an agreed upon assignment of the next step (Task) in the process that the pastor will be learning and implementing in his church.
- Pastors and coaches have the ability to communicate progress, questions, feedback, and solutions between sessions via the Internet.
Your coach will guide you in learning and implementing our unique 7Practices of Effective Churches with your staff, volunteer leaders, and your church. Our systems approach to coaching and church development contains practical training and specific steps to help you design and implement the breakthrough processes your church needs next.
CHARACTERISTICS OF OUR COACHING RESOURCES:
- Modular in design which makes it easy to “cherry pick” needed systems
- Internet accessible modules
- Coaching Videos
- Library of “best practices”
- Written content is bite-sized to enhance quick learning
- Specific Tasks and Templates for easy application of each practice/skill
- Transferable methods and systems
- Resources for staff & volunteer development
FOR MORE DETAIL ON OUR COACHING RESOURCES
See “7 Practices” in the side bar on this page. You can click on each title, for example, “Strategic Planning & Implementation” and read an overview of the coaching objectives in that module.
And finally, you will have the opportunity to participate in advanced Workshops and Seminars.
- Advanced Training
- Interactive Team Building/Development
- Assessments and Evaluations
Other available Worshops and Resources:
- Building Powerful Ministry Teams
- Personal DISCernment Inventory
- Mastering the Art of Communication
- High Performance Meetings
- Managing Conflict
- Leading From Your Strengths
- Marriage Insights
- Different by Design Marriage Conference
- Developing & Managing People
- Capital Campaigns
These practical application environments will help you refine and strengthen your skills and execute your strategies.
CHARACTERISTICS OF MINISTRY ADVANTAGE WORKSHOPS, WEBINARS, ONLINE LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
- Bi-annual Workshop opportunities
- Cutting-edge Webinars with nationally known church leaders
- Interactive conference calls
- Interactive online learning experiences with your coach using our Online Training Center
- Question & Answer formats
- Networking & Benchmarking opportunities with other pastors/churches
- Developing valuable relationships with likeminded pastors
Ministry Advantage Coaching provides a proven experience combining three powerful components that together help pastors develop an advanced skill set. This application oriented coaching is vital to a pastor who desires to take his leadership skills and his Church to the next level of effectiveness.